Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Lately, I've been writing several blogs about health and healing which focused mainly on the body, however, I feel that without having inner peace the body cannot be whole. It is a documented fact that stress is directly related to many deadly diseases such as heart attack, high blood pressure, obesity, anxiety and depression just to name a few. Stress is just the inability to find a safe zone of inner peace, however, not finding that place can put you at high risk!
I am a wife, a stay at home Mom that home schools two boys, a homemaker, published author, artist, and weekly blogger! When my life seems too hectic or busy, I personally have to find inner peace! I realize that there are many ways that people do this, but for me I love to pray and meditate on the goodness of GOD! My greatest joys are when I can sit on my porch early in the morning before the sun comes up and simply watch and listen to everything coming alive. As the sun peaks over the horizon, it just reminds that today is a brand new day. Yesterday is gone, but I have another day to live! I have another day to love the people that God has placed in my life and another day to use the talents that He has blessed me with!
As the birds sing their little songs to the Lord, I too have a song in my heart. I begin simply by thanking Him for what He has already done for me. Before I know it an hour has marched by and I have not even touched the surface of all He has blessed me with! He is ever present with me and my time spent with Him is so precious! This is how I become peaceful and relieve stress! I can see so clearly all of the times that I struggled but that He showed up and helped me! I shake off yesterday and look forward with anticipation to what will happen today. God, never stops amazing me so I know that He only has more good for me!
As stated I try to meditate and pray in the mornings, but what happens on those days when I don't get out there on my porch? Below is a listing of some simple and practical suggestions that I found on the internet that may help relieve stress! Many of these work for me. Some of them I've not tried but may the next time I feel overwhelmed and need some relief!
1. Take a walk.
2. Relax in a long shower or bath.
3. Shopping! Just don't make a habit of it.
4. It's time to hang out with friends; either in person or by chatting online.
5. Chocolate, anyone? It always puts me in a good mood!
6. Get lost in a movie.
7. Catch up on your favorite TV show online.
8. Write a list, complete a few items, check them off, and then take a break. Repeat until you're done.
9. Look at photo albums. Good memories help you to remember happier times.
10. Vacation! Go to the beach, the mountains, or your neighborhood park. It can last weeks, days, or even minutes (mental vacation: picture yourself at a glorious place).
11. Read a book, magazine, or a tweet. Anything that is entertaining and helps you to forget your troubles will do the trick.
12. Take a nap. If you don't have much time, take a power nap: a well-spent 30 minutes!
13. Make time for your hobby. Write, act, sing, paint, or whatever else you do. Just do it whole-heartedly.
14. Think about the male or female that you're interested in. Write them a love letter that you'll give them later or keep to yourself.
15. Dance to your favorite song. Do it with abandon; you know, like no one is watching.
16. Go to a spa or, if you can't afford it, make your bathroom into a spa. Just make sure to pamper yourself.
17. Take wacky pictures of yourself or of your friends. Not your thing? Take scenic pictures or make ordinary objects beautiful in some creative shots.
18. Sing karaoke. Sing in the shower. Sing in the car and wave to the person in the car beside you. Make sure he's enjoying the show.
Would love to hear if these suggestions have helped you! Until next time, I hope that you have a blessed and stress free week!